The long-term marking of the Griffon Vultures which is carried out by the Birds of Prey Protection Foundation in the Special Reserve of Nature “Uvac”, as part of the Program of monitoring of this species. This activity is very important for the protection of the Vultures, but also the reintroduction of the Bearded Vulture, Black Vulture and Egyptian Vulture in Serbia.
We have introduced the practice of naming marked Vultures to make them easier to follow, but also to give a chance to the citizens who are interested in the marking program to be involved, be informed and assist the program at the same time.
In the following Gallery, you can see the photos of our marked Vultures from 2018. and if you like to support this activity, “GIVE A NAME” and virtual “ADOPT” one of them. It is necessary to:
- Choose from our “Gallery of Vultures in 2018 and 2019” a bird that still has no name;
- let us know through the “Form” below or you can also use an E-mail (email@example.com), NUMBER OF THE WING MARKER and your SUGGESTION OF THE NAME of the bird;
- and by payment to the account (RSD or EUR) of the Birds of Prey Protection Foundation the amount:
– RSD 1000,00 for members of the Foundation or RSD 2000,00 for the others (Payment Instructions for… RSD»),
– EUR 30 for citizens from abroad (Payment Instructions for… EUR»),
thus supporting future activities on marking and monitoring the Vultures. Thank you.
Griffon Vulture to whom you gave the name and whom you virtualy “adopted” will be in a unique database under the name you have given him, and your name will be found on The List of Donors of Program of marking Griffon Vultures.
– GALLERY OF MARKED VULTURES (click on photo for larger view):
Ime: ??? Krilni marker br. 35. / Name: ??? Wing marker no. 35.
– MARKED VULTURES IN 2018. YOU CAN EVEN LOOK IN THE ALBUM (click on photo for larger view):
Of course, you can give a donation and support Program of marking and monitoring Vultures even without naming a Vulture and become a Donor.
Thank you very much for any kind of support.