The Birds of Prey Protection Foundation in cooperation with “Special Nature Reserve Uvac”, Tourist Organization of Zlatar and the Institute for Biological Research “Sinisa Stankovic” from Belgrade this year marks the International Vulture Awareness Day September 4th and 5th in Uvac Reserve.
Everyone is welcome who wants to magnify this event with their presence and, above all, to enjoy these exceptional birds.
– Departure is from Belgrade, on Saturday, September 4, 2021. at 6 am, from the parking lot near Branko’s bridge (on the right side of the bridge).
– Arrival to the Uvac Reserve is around 11 am, when it is planned to return to nature the Griffon Vultures, who spent some time in the Shelter of the Uvac Reserve, after being found exhausted and which the guards of the Reserve recovered.
– From 2PM, a tour of the colony of vultures on Uvac will follow, and a meal will be served on the catamaran itself.
– Bed and breakfast is in the Hotel “Panorama” in Zlatar.
– On Sunday 5.9.2021. a tour of the vulture’s colony in Radoinja is planned, followed by lunch and return to Belgrade.
– Arrival in Belgrade is planned until 11PM.
Seats are limited to 20.
The price of the entire trip is 6,000.00 RSD, and can be paid at the office of the headquarters of the Birds of Prey Protection Foundation, Bulevar Despota Stefana or to account 325-950090016839-20, OTP bank, with an indication “for the trip”.
The contact is Vuk Popić, 066 / 413-574
International Vulture Day was established in 2008 in New York to draw public attention to the importance of protecting the most endangered group of animals in the world, which has an irreplaceable role in nature. The day on which this event will be marked is determined every first Saturday in September.
The Birds of Prey Protection Foundation has traditionally marked this event for 12 years, in cooperation with many organizations and in the presence of our members and friends. We organize various special events such as: international conferences, exhibitions, lectures, the release of vultures into the wild, a visit to the colonies of Griffon Vultures …